Wednesday 25 January 2012

An Introduction

To serve as an introduction to me and mine; I am an American woman, living in Northern Ireland, and married to a British/Irish man.  We have three boys between the ages of 9 and 4.  All three have high functioning autism.    Our youngest was diagnosed just last week.  The boys all attend an amazing mainstream integrated primary school in County Down.

My intention for this blog is to not only be an outlet for the daily stresses of the house of autism, but hopefully to help other parents along the way.  I will be discussing regular strategies, as well as services available in Northern Ireland and County Down.

My next few blog posts (hopefully) will be a more specific introduction to each boy, all with their own unique way of interacting with the world and each other.  Buckle up!

2 comments: